An integrated and holistic approach to landscape architecture:
From a broader perspective:
To take the long view and push for:
1) ecosystem services & natural capital
2) environmentally friendly land management
3) Sustainable urban development
From a design perspective:
To be based on three principles:
1) enhancing green infrastructure and biodiversity
2) meeting social needs at a community level
3) allowing for the design to change over time
Data driven approach in the landscape... for instance:
* collect data on green infrastructure and ecology
* understand how to use this information to improve the environment, communities and the economy.
* provide an example of how economic development and the environment can both thrive.
I particularly like to promote...(click below)
If well-being is "the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy", how can we use the landscape do to improve the well-being within communities?
One idea - take Hippocrates quote "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" and heal people with a sustainable food system and bring back medicinal herbs.